Metal Roofing in Portland Maine and the roof of a structure braves the brunt of a bevy of weather elements such as rain, snow, wind, and harsh UV rays every single day. Particularly for this reason, the investment made on the roof of a building is directly linked to the protection of the investment made in the entire property. In order to secure the investment you have made on your home or commercial structure, installing a metal roof could prove to be a prudent idea. Metal roofing in Maine lasts longer and outperforms all other roofing materials, especially while combating rough weather conditions in the area.
- Value-for-Money Investment: A metal roof lasts for decades, increases the resale value of your property and even reduces insurance rates in some cases.
- Long-term Warranty: Most companies providing metal roofing in Maine offer a 35-year warranty on materials and a minimum of 10-year warranty on workmanship.
- High Durability: Metal roofing in Maine usually lasts three times longer than shingles. Besides, it is fire-resistant and has a stupendous capability to withstand extremely windy conditions.
- Eco-friendly and Recyclable: Metal roofing in Maine is constructed with recycled content. Since most of its materials are 100% recyclable, it is environmentally friendly as well.
- Zero Maintenance: Metal roofing in Maine is designed keeping in mind the severe climate of the area. Issues related to snow, ice, and wind can be effectively taken care of by installing a metal roof. Besides, metal roofing in Maine remains unaffected by typical hailstorms and lightning strikes. What’s more, metal roofing does not split, curl, or warp either!
- Light Weight: Since metal roofs are designed to provide seismic protection in earthquake prone areas, they are considerably light in weight.
- Easy Installation: Metal roofing can be done on existing roof surfaces. The simple installation method not only eliminates the mess of dismantling an existing roof but also saves considerable amount of money on labor charges.
- Wide color choices: When it comes to appearance, metal roofing is available in a staggering variety of colors that aid in reducing solar-induced heating. Additionally, metal roofing is customizable and can be easily coordinated with the color of your building. To end up with a color of your choice, multiple colors can also be mixed. The best part is that you can change the color whenever you like and the replacement procedure is not complicated either.
- Energy Efficient: Metal roofs also help in saving substantial money with reduced heating and cooling costs. Several roofing companies in Maine also offer metal roofing with Cool Metal Roofing Technology that promises to save you as much as 42% on your electricity bills!
Finding the Right Stuff
Most of the aforementioned benefits can however be availed only if you choose an experienced vendor of metal roofing in Maine. In order to ensure maximized functionality and aesthetics in installation, it is imperative to choose a company which offers expert installers, use of superior materials and state-of-the-art technology. You can scour through the National Roofing Contractors Association website to land or locate some accomplished and committed metal roofing contractors in your area. These are the types of people you can count on – Get Your Free Roofing Online Estimate Here.
However, the cost of metal roofing is often a debatable issue. Metal roofing prices are far enormous vis-à-vis other materials. But if elements such as sophistication, durability, and longevity are crucial for you, then clearly metal roofing will be your first preference. Albeit, the cost of metal roofing might be three times higher than other roof options, opting for it often makes a prudent choice. Metal roofing is a long-term investment as it lasts for several decades. While you may need to replace your shingle roof twice in a few years, a single metal roof is likely to last during that span and even longer!
Average Cost of Metal Roofing
Broadly speaking, metal roofing is constructed from a bevy of metals such as stainless steel, copper, galvanized steel, aluminum, corrugated iron, or composites of various metals. Usually, the cost of metal roofing is determined depending upon the type of metal used. However, the average cost ranges somewhere between $5.15 – $6.50 per square foot. This amount includes installation, labor and materials to set up the system as well as removal and disposal of old roofing.
The cost of metal roofing might vary depending upon an array of factors such as location. For instance, metal roofing prices for the same area would certainly be higher in New York City than in a city in Georgia. Host of other technical factors such as the shape and steepness of the roof also play a pivotal role in determining the roofing cost. Unusual roof shapes will involve more effort in installation, thereby leading to higher labor charges.
While the overall cost of a new metal roof constructed of basic interlocking steel shingles, inclusive of installation and materials, would be around $5,000 to $17,000, the prices of aluminum metal roofing would run around $12,000 to $20,000. Other materials like corrosion resistant steel sheets may cost around $12,000 to $22,000 whereas top-drawer materials such as copper may cost as high as a whopping $25,000 to $40,000!
Tips for Cost Effective Execution
- In order to acquire value-for-money execution, it is imperative to hire a licensed and experienced roofing contractor. Surf the Internet to land some truly worthy options to obtain quality work at a reasonable price.
- Make sure the initial cost estimate quoted by the contractor includes typical costs for delivery, soffit and ridge vents, underlayment, plumbing jacks and stack covers, counter flashing, and manufacturer recommended fasteners.
- You can save on the cost of metal roofing by having several vendors/contractors bid for your project.